Rainy Weather Driving Tips
- When driving on the interstate, drive in the center lanes. Water tends to pool in the outside lanes.
- Turn on your headlights! Not only will it help you see better, but it will allow other drivers to see you!
- Increase your following distance and watch for break lights in the cars ahead of you.
- Slow down - it takes longer to stop when driving in wet weather. You also have a greater chance of hydroplaning with the faster you drive!
- Drive slowly through any puddle of uncertain depth. This way if it's deeper than you thought, you can still back out.
- Never drive through moving water if you can't see the ground through it - you could be swept off the road!
- Replace old or brittle wiper blades BEFORE it starts to rain.
- Check the tread and inflation of your tires. Properly maintained tires provide the added traction you will need on wet roads.
- Consider carrying a portable car starter with you. If your battery goes dead, you can start your car from inside the vehicle rather than getting out to do a conventional jump start with cables!
Maintenance Tips Brought to you by QB Doc
Check out qbdoc.com for more helpful tips and ongoing sales